We offer an full array of services and products for your convenience. Choose the services you need and want with our à la carte pricing.
When photographing live events, my approach is generally three-fold: (1) to document the activities of the occasion throughout the event, (2) to portray people having a good time at the event, and (3) to capture the essence of the relationships among the people at the event.
Staged photographs of people standing around at an event aren’t terribly interesting, but photos of people captured being themselves – and enjoying themselves – at the event are interesting! Although you inevitably end up taking some photos of people standing around together, I always try to organize/take photos in a way in which they look natural and not posed.
- Event Coverage by John Bosma (see coverage rate table).
- A seasoned photographer who knows WHERE to be, WHEN to be there, and HOW to negotiate congested situations when many other photographers and media may be competing to get the same best shot.
- Approximately 75-100 corrected photos per hour.
- Photo selection and color correction (approximately 15 hours of studio time).
- Creation of a private online gallery with all of the images for your review & selection of favorites within 3-5 days of your event. Once you have selected your favorite images, the gallery can then be shared with others for them to view, download, and purchase prints.
- Unlimited commercial rights for most events.
- Digital images provided on a USB Flash Drive or online account.
- Unlimited commercial and personal rights.
- Requires a minimum 2-hour booking.
- No Sales Tax collected with electronic delivery.
- Travel fees may apply.
For multiple-day coverage or additional photographers, please contact me directly.
Coverage Rates 2 hours $600 3 hours $800 4 hours $1,100 5 hours $1,350 6 hours $1,600 7 hours $1,850 8 hours $2,100 9 hours $2,350 10 hours $2,600
Every project goes through a detailed post-production process to ensure the highest level of quality.
Selection and Correction of your Photos
- For most events, you’ll receive approximately 75-100 selected and corrected photos for every hour of coverage.
- Selected photos include images that reflect both my best quality of work as well as ones that best represent the key moments from the day. Images that are out of focus, reflect negatively on the subjects in the photo, present the subjects in an unflattering manner, or that don’t meet minimum standards of quality are removed from further consideration.
- Corrections include color adjustments, exposure and contrast adjustments, and an initial level of cropping and clean-up. Corrections do not include the removal of background distractions or other enhancements to your photos.
- Your corrected images are then uploaded to your Online Gallery in a non-watermarked, high quality, full-size *.jpg format. These are the images that you will be given to review and select your favorites from. Once you have selected your favorite images, the gallery can then be shared with others for them to view, download, and purchase prints.
The Online Gallery Serves Two Vital Functions:
- First, the gallery provides you with a convenient way to review your images and to select your favorites.
- Second, once you have selected your favorite images, the gallery can then be shared with others for them to view, download, and purchase prints. An Online Gallery is never taken public until after you have selected the photos that you want others to have access to.