Selecting a Fine Art Product
I currently offer three types of museum-quality fine art photography prints and three types of Royalty-Free Print Licenses through my website:
Fine Art Photographic Prints
Founded in 1584, Hahnemühle has been a world leader in producing traditional artist papers and unique high-end fine art inkjet papers. The combination of pure artist papers, special surface textures, and premium inkjet coatings guarantee extraordinary print results with bright colors, deep blacks, excellent contrast, outstanding detail reproduction, and striking pictorial depth. With resistance to aging greater than 100 years, the inkjet media in Hahnemühle’s Digital Fine Art Collection are perfect for fine art applications such as fine art prints, special editions, long-term exhibitions, and art collections.
I use the following two Hahnemühle papers for my Fine Art Photographic Prints:
Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta – a bright white, cellulose-based fine art inkjet paper specially tailored for fine art use. The exquisite felt structure of the paper creates an elegantly soft feel and tactile surface texture to produce prints with stunning three-dimensional quality and depth. The high-gloss premium inkjet coating guarantees outstanding print results with a perfect reproduction of color and detail, deep blacks, and striking contrasts. The acid- and lignin-free Fine Art inkjet paper meets the most exacting requirements for age resistance. Fine Art Baryta is a versatile classic for Fine Art applications and sets standards in the printing of both black and white and color photographs.
- Bright white
- Clearly visible, exquisite felt structure
- High-gloss premium inkjet coating for outstanding print results
- Acid- and lignin-free
- ISO 9706 conform / museum quality for highest age resistance
Hahnemühle Photo Rag® Metallic – a silvery-shimmering fine art paper with a specially formulated inkjet coating for fine art use. The natural white cotton paper contains no optical brighteners and has the characteristic Photo Rag® surface structure, sumptuous feel, and a special silvery-shimmering surface finish. This premium and unique metallic paper guarantees impressive printing results with bold colors, deep blacks, and the perfect reproduction of color and detail. The sophisticated silver metallic effect underscores the image and makes motifs with metallic elements, reflections, ice and glass, architecture and landscape shots, as well as black and white photographs with high-contrast tones shine. Photo Rag® Metallic is acid and lignin-free and meets the most exacting requirements in terms of age resistance.
- Natural white, without optical brighteners
- Sophisticated surface texture
- High-gloss premium inkjet coating for outstanding printing results with a unique, silvery-shimmering metallic effect
- Acid and lignin-free
- ISO9706 compliant / museum quality for a high age resistance
Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints using TruLife® Acrylic
Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints using TruLife® Acrylic are perhaps the most luxurious of all the fine art print options available. A proprietary standard developed by Nevada Art Printers, the Lumachrome® process brings unbelievable resolution, clarity, and vibrancy to a print, and they are probably the most vibrant and detailed prints you can buy.
Trulife® acrylic is an innovative, single-sided, anti-reflective, and abrasion-resistant acrylic. It virtually eliminates reflections, blocks up to 99% of UV rays, has a hard coat that protects against scratches, and cleans like glass. When light hits the acrylic, it refracts through the artwork and gives off a 3D appearance of having been illuminated from within (thanks to a transparency layer that is infused with iridium particles and encapsulated in a layer suspended between the white poly surface and Acrylic).
Your print will have a 1/8 inch thick acrylic surface with an additional acrylic backing. If you go with a ready-to-hang option, your print will come with a back-mounted recessed floating frame allowing your artwork to appear to “float” on the wall. Hand-polished to perfection, these prints can be purchased as prints or ready-to-hang.
- Brilliant colors lasting over 120 years
- Superior gamut vs traditional Fujiflex prints
- Incredible 3D depth, clarity, & dimensionality
- Unsurpassed ability to hold highlights, superior shadow luminosity, and detail
- Radiant glowing response under Halogen lighting
- Diamond milled satin finished edges for a preferred “Ultra Clean Contemporary” appearance
- Virtually eliminates reflections
- Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
- Anti-static properties repel dust from the print
- Durable hard coat that protects against scratches
- Proprietary coating engineered for performance
Canvas Gallery Wraps
When it comes to photography, many people prefer the look of canvas prints because they feel canvas offers a richer, art gallery look as opposed to paper prints which require a matte and glass cover with a frame. They see canvas as a simpler, cleaner production in a ready-to-hang format. Using archival fade-resistant inks, canvases are non-reflective and look great from any angle.
Your image will be printed directly onto a fine art Epson Exhibition Signature Worthy Canvas using archival oil-based inks with high-end printers. Your canvas will then be stretched and wrapped around an artist’s stretcher frame using either a standard ¾ inch stretcher or a 1 ½ inch deep “Gallery Wrap” stretcher.
You have three options for treating the edges of your canvas wrap:
- Stretching and wrapping the image around the edge of the canvas
- Mirroring the image around the edge of the canvas
- Printing the edge of the canvas a mat black
Your wrap will then be finished with a protective backing – your Gallery Wrap can be hung either with or without a frame.
Royalty-Free Print Licenses
A Royalty-Free License is an all-encompassing license that does not restrict you to predetermined usage. Price is determined by the size of the image you license, and you can use the image as many times and in any format you need with the full understanding that this is a non-exclusive license subject to the following restrictions as to how the image is used:
- This license allows you to use this image for promotional and editorial purposes (e.g. websites, blogs, brochures, mailers, business cards, etc.
- This image cannot be used for advertising or promotional purposes, such as broadcast, print covers, etc.
- This license does NOT include CD covers or inserts, or any other type of packaging.
Types of Licenses:
- Small (640 Pixels) – Good for web-based only usage.
- Medium (2048 Pixels) – Best for larger web usage (full-screen web, presentations, and small prints).
- Large (4000 Pixels) – Highest quality allowing for maximum use across digital and print.
If you desire exclusivity so that others cannot use the same image, please contact an Art Specialist here.
Shipping & Delivery
Your artwork will be carefully packed and could require a signature upon receipt. Tracking information will be provided to you. If you are located outside the United States, please contact me for a quote of shipping costs before ordering.
Time Frames: The Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints usually take 4-6 weeks for printing and delivery. Fine Art Prints and Canvas Gallery Wraps usually take 2-3 weeks for printing and delivery.