Selecting a Fine Art Product
I currently offer three types of museum-quality fine art photography prints and three types of Royalty-Free Print Licenses through my website:
Fine Art Photographic Prints
Founded in 1584, Hahnemühle has been a world leader in producing traditional artist papers and unique high-end fine art inkjet papers. Combining pure artist papers, unique surface textures, and premium inkjet coatings guarantees extraordinary print results with bright colors, deep blacks, excellent contrast, outstanding detail reproduction, and striking pictorial depth. With resistance to aging over 100 years, the inkjet media in Hahnemühle’s Digital Fine Art Collection are perfect for fine art applications such as fine art prints, special editions, long-term exhibitions, and art collections.
I use the following two Hahnemühle papers for my Fine Art Photographic Prints:
Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta is a bright white, cellulose-based fine art inkjet paper specially tailored for fine art use. The exquisite felt structure of the paper creates an elegantly soft feel and tactile surface texture to produce prints with stunning three-dimensional quality and depth. The high-gloss premium inkjet coating guarantees outstanding print results for perfect reproduction of color and detail, deep blacks, and striking contrasts. The acid- and lignin-free Fine Art inkjet paper meets the most exacting requirements for age resistance. Fine Art Baryta sets standards in the printing of both black and white and color photographs.
- Bright white
- Visible, exquisite felt structure
- High-gloss premium inkjet coating for outstanding print results
- Acid- and lignin-free
- ISO 9706 conform / museum quality for highest age resistance
Hahnemühle Photo Rag® Metallic is a silvery fine art paper with the characteristic Photo Rag® surface and an exceptional silvery-shimmering surface finish. The natural white cotton paper contains no optical brighteners. This unique metallic paper guarantees impressive printing results with bold colors, deep blacks, and the perfect reproduction of color and detail. The silver metallic effect underscores the image. It makes motifs with metallic elements, reflections, ice and glass, architecture and landscape shots, and black and white photographs with high-contrast tones shine. Photo Rag® Metallic is acid and lignin-free and meets the most exacting requirements regarding age resistance.
- Natural white, without optical brighteners
- Sophisticated surface texture
- High-gloss premium inkjet coating for outstanding printing results with a unique, silvery-shimmering metallic effect
- Acid and lignin-free
- ISO9706 compliant / museum quality for a high age resistance
Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints using TruLife® Acrylic
Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints using TruLife® Acrylic are perhaps the most luxurious of all the fine art print options available. A proprietary standard developed by Nevada Art Printers, the Lumachrome® process brings unbelievable resolution, clarity, and vibrancy to a print. They are probably the most vibrant and detailed prints you can buy.
Trulife® acrylic is an innovative, single-sided, anti-reflective, and abrasion-resistant acrylic. It virtually eliminates reflections, blocks up to 99% of UV rays, has a hard coat that protects against scratches, and cleans like glass. When light hits the Acrylic, it is refracted throughout the artwork, giving it a 3D appearance of being illuminated internally.
Your print will have a 1/8-inch thick acrylic surface with an acrylic backing. If you select a ready-to-hang option, your image will come with a back-mounted recessed floating frame allowing your artwork to appear to “float” on the wall. These prints are hand-polished to perfection and can be purchased either as prints or ready-to-hang.
- Brilliant colors lasting over 120 years
- Superior gamut vs traditional Fujiflex prints
- Incredible 3D depth, clarity, & dimensionality
- Unsurpassed ability to hold highlights, superior shadow luminosity, and detail
- Radiant glowing response under Halogen lighting
- Diamond-milled satin finished edges for a preferred “Ultra Clean Contemporary” appearance
- Virtually eliminates reflections
- Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
- Anti-static properties repel dust from the print
- Durable hard coat that protects against scratches
- Proprietary coating engineered for performance
Canvas Gallery Wraps
When it comes to photography, many people prefer the look of canvas prints because they feel canvas offers a richer art gallery look than framed paper prints. They see the canvas as a more straightforward, cleaner production in a ready-to-hang format. Canvases using archival fade-resistant inks are non-reflective and look great from any angle.
Your image will be printed directly onto fine art Epson Exhibition Signature Canvas using archival oil-based inks on high-end printers. Your canvas is stretched and wrapped around an artist’s stretcher frame using either a standard ¾ inch stretcher or a 1 ½ inch deep “Gallery Wrap” stretcher.
You have three options for treating the edges of your canvas wrap:
- Stretching and wrapping the image around the edge of the canvas
- Mirroring the image around the edge of the canvas
- Printing the edge of the canvas a mat black
Finally, a protective backing is added to your wrap and finished with your frame or hanging hardware choice.
Royalty-Free Print Licenses
A Royalty-Free License is an all-encompassing license that does not restrict you to predetermined usage. The size of the image determines the price of your image. You can use the image as many times, and in any format, you need with the complete understanding that this is a non-exclusive license subject to the following restrictions as to how you use the image:
- This license allows you to use this image for promotional and editorial purposes (e.g., websites, blogs, brochures, mailers, business cards, etc.
- You can NOT use this image for advertising or promotional purposes, such as broadcast, print covers, etc.
- This license does NOT include CD covers, inserts, or any other type of packaging.
Types of Licenses:
- Small (640 Pixels) – Good for web-based-only usage.
- Medium (2048 Pixels) – Best for larger web usage (full-screen web, presentations, and small prints).
- Large (4000 Pixels) – Highest quality, allowing for maximum use across digital and print.
Please get in touch with an Art Specialist here if you desire exclusivity so that others cannot use the same image.
Shipping & Delivery
Your artwork will be carefully packed and could require a signature upon receipt. Tracking information will be provided to you. Please get in touch with me for a quote of shipping costs before ordering if you are located outside the United States.
Time Frames: The Lumachrome® HD Acrylic Prints usually take 4-6 weeks for printing and delivery. Fine Art Prints and Canvas Gallery Wraps typically take 2-3 weeks to print and deliver.